Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Behind my name

Behind My Name: Andrianna

Before I started this assignment, I thought my name was Outstanding,Amazing and Beautiful, because it's so unique.
The story I have been told is that my mom chose this name for me because of my grandfathers' best friend' whose name was Andre, he died in a fire saving someone while on vacation. He meant a lot to my family, and even though I did not know him, I was graciously given a part of his name.  Although, I was almost named Aurora. Thank goodness my mom's sister talked her out of it. 

After searching on
Baby names, I learned that my name does not match any searching, but I snooped around some other sites and found out my name means manly, brave and is the feminine form of Andrew. 
Some of the other things I learned were, after I broke my name down to simply Anna, it is of both genders. It's origin is Hebrew, Latin, Japanese and Sanskrit. The meaning of the Hebrew one is grace flavor likewise with Latin; as for Japanese my name means apricot; from Nara and Sanskrit it means grain.

I also looked up my last name, which is Wagner and discovered it is German for man who makes wagons.  I think my name suits me because I love being different from everyone else and I hate seeming like I am just like everyone else in the world. Although, it sometimes it get annoying correcting people on the pronunciation of my name I still absolutely love it!!

If I could give myself a new name, it would be Savannah, because I adore that name and if I have a girl child when I grow up I am going name her that.