Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Golden Rule

This unit we are focusing on Tolerance and Discrimination, one thing we are focusing on is the Golden rule we have an assignment for blogger to answer a few question about it here is my responses to those questions.

The message of the Golden rule(Treat others as you would like to be treated) 
is that no matter your race colour or gender how you feel about the likes of others if you want to be accepted, loved and respected than you should give the love you have to others and respect and accept them if they have a disability  or their sexual orientation is different then yours you should still treat them properly.
There is a not so popular song that I have provided the link here Don't Laugh at Me I have become aware of this song because at my school it was highly embraced that we learn, listen and abide by the things the man mentions in the song that song really taught me a lesson even though I was at a young age where I was only just becoming aware of the certain problems our society faces each day towards the tolerance we have of other people.  

The expression of the Golden rule that I like best is "Regard your neighbor's gain, as your own gain and your neighbor's loss as your own loss." Is from Taoism (you can check it out on this link forms of the golden rule.) The reason I like this one the most is because my neighbor's and my family are really close and if they have a loss or a gain we both benefit or lose something from the experience. That is really the only reason I like that one the most because I feel as though I can relate to it the most.

We sometime don't act according to the Golden Rule because in some occasions we feel as though we are superior to the people we are acting towards.  People just may not understand the value of the Golden Rule and feel it is okay to treat people how ever they want but consequences must be dealt out to others who shall treat them the way that they are treating everyone else.   Maybe you are just in a crummy mood so you feel as though if you treat everyone else that way it will make you feel better but in the end it will most likely make you feel even worse than before.

2 comments:

Ms. Crosbie said...

Great work, Andrianna. Sounds like you've really given this topic some thought.

Hannah said...

Hey Andrianna, it's Hannah, your buddy from Ottawa. I love your post about the goldren rule. Some things I really like about it are that you included a song because I also really like songs that have a good message in them and are inspirational (I can't listen to the song at school because it is blocked but I'll check it out at home.) I liked how you related to the golden rule because it shows how you're connected to it and it shows me how you are as a person. I think the expression that you posted was really cool, I've always loved quotes and sayings. Some things you could do some further research on: Why would people choose to obey or dis-obey the golden rule? and What can we do to make sure that everybody follows the golden rule? A question I have for you is why do you think the golden rule is so important? Those were things we had to post on your blog as an assignment. I hope you get a chance to read this! Oh and by the way, how do you pronounce your name? I was trying to figure out if all of the A's sounded like A's or is any of them had an "O" sound like Ondrianna or AndriOnna or OndriOnna? I was just wanting to check that with you. Talk to you soon.
-Hannah